Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Second Side Complete

Well as you can tell from the header I am making progress in the needle bag. I have just completed the second side. I finished it up with the size 15 needles and then slipped the stitches to the size 15 needle I wanted to use for the purse. I wanted to make sure that once the purse was sewn together the needles would be pointing in the same direction rather than opposite directions they would have if I had left it. I am casting on for the first of 2 handles and then it is just sewing it up. I think I would like to put a dark blue lining inside the purse to prevent anything slipping through. My gauge was not exact (each side actually measures 9.5 inches rather than the 9 inches in the pattern) and I am worried since it isn't knit tightly something might get lost.

Also when I go to finish this purse I don't think I will steam it to block it. The yarn is made of mostly acrylic and I am nervous about applying heat to what is essentially plastic. I have also read that with acrylic you don't really need to block, it won't change the yarn like it would with wool. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would love to know. I have taken photos and I will take more but I need my DM to set up my camera to dl to the computer.

So excited to finish so I can start on my next project. It's official, I am not going to work on my own hat but rather a baby hat for a co-worker of my DM, I have been falling to sleep thinking about it. A sign of the truly addicted.

No comments: