Friday, July 18, 2008

Knitting Needle Knittng Bag stitch

Well the baby blanket is complete allowing me to start on the needle bag. I am running into the same issue as before. I keep coming up with 1 stitch at the end of the row instead of the 2 stitches it says I should have in the pattern. The pattern says to cast on 80 stitches, I have confirmed I did this several times before I start knitting. Part of the instructions is to knit the first two stitches and the last two stitches. Why oh why do I end up with one stitch left rather than the two.

In other news I have found a website here with a comprehensive explanation on how to do the blackberry stitch. It finally makes sense! Just scroll down. Things still look a bit messy but I am hoping the further I get the more the pattern will come out clearly.

The yarn I am using for this project is Bernat Alpaca in Sky. It is very soft and has just a little bit of fuzz to it. Not something I would be using with a dark coat as it sheds. I originally wanted to do this in wool but I have decided to make this one with less expensive materials and upgrade if I like how it turns out.

No comments: