Monday, October 12, 2009

Completed Sweater 2

Here is the finished sweater for my niece Keziah. The colour is more of a raspberry shade then the one shown in the following photos. The buttons are small turtles, an animal her mother loves. The size knit is 9-12 months, I made the body a little longer so she could wear it for a greater period of time. The yarn is by Casscade and made from 80% cotton 20% wool.

Here is the sweater before I seemed up the sides. I did a much better job seaming this sweater then the previous one. I did some research and found a wonderful article on knitting daily that clearly illustrates how to do the mattress seam.
Just look at the outside you can hardly tell where the actual seam is, I was very excited about the whole sewing process an it has given me courage to knit clothing for myself and older children.
Here is a lovely photo of the inside seam. So much tidier than my previous try. It is great to see success when overcoming silly worries and fears about learning a new technique.

No comments: