Friday, October 16, 2009

Christmas Present 1 done

Here is the present for my daughter. I used size 17 needles to get the correct gauge on this project of 2 st per 1". Talk about awkward! I had a rough time using needles that large in the round. I did skip buying circular needles in size 17 and just used dpn, the circular needles probably would have made the beginning easier.
My daughter was willing to model the hat so I could check the size. It was a little loose here, hopefully something blocking will correct.
I has some extra buttons I wanted to add for a little extra zip. I unfortunately forgot to block the hat before adding the buttons. Oh well, they wold have to be washed at some point.
The Hat preblocked it a little longer than 12 inches. Post blocking it grew 3.5 inches but I like the narrower shape better.
Preblocked the hat was 19 inches in diameter. Post block it is looking to be closer to 12 inches.

No comments: