Saturday, March 27, 2010

Puff Stitch Crocheted Baby Hat

I love making these hats. I made this one for my niece, who is 3 months old. I used the puff stitch, and size F hook, and I used Peaches & Cream Yarn Red. I actually did not follow a pattern for this hat. I knew what the big one called for and modified it to a smaller version on my own.

I also crocheted the flower for the hat. I think these are so cute on hats.




Here is the pattern for the flower, from Little Birdie Secrets

Materials:
Any size hook (depending on what size flower you want)
Any weight yarn

Rnd 1: Ch 5, join into a ring w/sl st in 1st ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), work 9dc in ring, join to top of ch w/sl st -- 10 sts.
Rnd 3: **Ch 2, work 3dc in next st, ch 2 sl st in next st** five times. Fasten off.

For a different color center, try changing yarn colors after round 2. Experiment with different weight yarns and hook sizes. To layer a slightly smaller flower on top, go down one hook size from larger flower.

2 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

do you think you could post the directions on how to crochet the puff stitch hat

Amanda Jones said...

do you think you could post the pattern you used for the hat and the yarn that you used?