Monday, April 6, 2009

WIP

Sadly the hat has made no progress. In fact I have ripped it all the way back to the beginning. It is the first project I have done any cabling on; everything was fine and sailing along until I actually looked at the hat and realized I had messed up somewhere. I had failed to move a stitch over or cabled a stitch too early but after several more failed attempts I had to put it away. I am still determined to finish it, I love the hat.

However, I am currently working on my first lace project. It is the Juno Regina and can be found on Knitty. I had to restart several times since I had never read or worked on a lace pattern before. I finally decided to do two shawls, one in worsted weight for practice and one in lace weight for myself. Thank goodness I went that route even though it means more yarn used (ran out of the stash yarn I was using in worsted had to buy more lol) and more time spent but I am very happy with the results. Photos to follow whenever I get around to posting them.

Edit to add photos: I have completed the worsted weight shawl and still working on the lace weight.


No comments: